THANKSGIVING

On my way to work this morning, reading the Bible and silently praying, it reminded me of what I'd call my "Adam and Eve" days as a young, carnal Christian. When I sin, I hide. In my guilt, I couldn't come to the Lord. When my spirit knew that I've sinned against my Lord, I would sort of voluntarily bring myself to a penalty box where I'd sit guiltily. I would try to be a goody-goody until I'd feel "worthy" to go to the Lord again and be accepted. Oh how small my faith was and how minute was my knowledge of the Lord back then!

God's unconditional, everlasting love. The Blood of Christ and His grace. The regenerating work of the Holy Spirit and His dwelling presence. These have become so precious to me. That when I sin, even in my shame, instead of hiding, I now find myself running to the Lord and clinging to Him as my only lifeline. Clinging in faith that His Words are true -- that I could come because my sins have been paid for by Christ on the Cross, that I could come to Him because I've been justified by the Blood of Christ, that there is no longer condemnation to those who truly belong to Christ, that I could come boldly in repentance and be certain I will be forgiven, that I would not be judge in wrath but rather be disciplined as a child whom the Father loves. And Oh! How He truly loves! 

I praise and thank God, the Holy Spirit who continues His transforming work in my life. He is making the Word of God true and alive in me. He pointing out my sins, stripping me off my wordliness, and changing the desires of my heart, aligning them to God's will. The process is sometimes excruciating but He is also my Comforter. He is the breath of life that resurrected this dry, dead bones. He has made my heart secure that I am truly God's and He is mine. 

All glory to my Triune GOD, Who Was, Who Is, and Is to Come! 
This is my praise. This is my thanksgiving! Amen. 

 @attic_kat  

Comments

Popular Posts