Led Back to the Word of God


In my spiritual stagnation I cried out to God to help me, for Him to reveal Himself to me, to know Him more so that I could love and worship Him as He ought to be loved and worshipped. I was so sick of my spiritual condition that I really wanted Him to change me.

God answered. And no, there wasn't any psychedelic frenzy or a shining-shimmering-splendid, lightbulb moment where I'd hear God's booming voice calling out my name. Instead the Holy Spirit began changing my heart and leading me back to Word of God. I grew up
in a Christian setting but it wasn't until last year that I've read the entire Bible. Then I've come across preachings and books that teach sound doctrine, preachers who focus on Biblical truths (not those who teach a cocktail of various religions). Prayer started to become a delight to my heart. Reading the Bible has started to become more enjoyable than watching tv. I found the Holy Spirit helping me to train for godliness, encouraging me to wake up early in the morning to pray and read the Word (even though I really, really love sleep). I've started to know the attributes of God, how He demands to be worshipped by His children, and how to live a life that glorifies Him.

God has began to radically change my heart and mind (and continues to do so). Things that used to be pleasurable have become bland to my taste. Christ Jesus has broken the chains of sin that once had a firm grip in my life, chains that I've once lost hope of being delivered from. My anxious heart has learned to rest upon God's love, goodness and sovereignty and revere in His holiness. His discipline has become a comfort rather than hardship because I know it is done out of love, sanctifying me, making me holy for He is holy! My heart is satisfied, for in everything, my heart knows Jesus is better.

It was all God. It wasn't by my own will. It wasn't by my own strength. It was His move, His grace! I love God and I worship Him because God Himself loved me first and has drawn me to Himself. It was all YHWH. I lift up all glory to my God and King!


Comments

Popular Posts