On Knowing God...



A friend of mine was going to China last year and asked me if I knew of some resources (e.g. gospel tracts) that they could bring. I began searching the net and found a few things about Christianity in China. During my search I also came across www.biblesforamerica.org where I found a few books by Watchman Nee being given away for free. I've read a lot of quotes/excerpts from Nee's writings when I was still in the Philippines and there were definitely hard Biblical truths in them. HARD but GODLY TRUTHS, which were kind of a slap-in-the-face, but definitely what I needed to know. I ordered my free copy of Nee's "The Normal Christian Life" tackling the book of Romans 1-8, wherein Apostle Paul plainly explained the Gospel of Christ. It was a major turnabout in my Christian life. I've realized that what I knew about Christianity was not particularly wrong but definitely incomplete. My foundations crumbled to pieces as I cried for repentance, but the knowledge of the true Gospel has given me genuine assurance that Christ has saved me and that I belong to Him. And agreeing to what Spurgeon had said, I definitely didn't understand God's love until I've grasped an understanding of Jesus' death and resurrection.

I believe with all my heart that nothing is coincidental with God. I've pleaded with Him to help me know Him more, that I didn't want to be spiritually stagnant, that I need Him to teach me how to love Him the way He ought to be loved and worshipped. God gives wisdom to those who seek His wisdom. Through the help of the Holy Spirit, Nee's book has been instrumental for me to desire to read the Bible more. It also led me to listen to preachers who teach sound doctrine, which eventually led to know the importance of prayer and intercession. Each and every day I learn more and more of God, and the more I know Him, the more I love Him and fall in reverent worship before Him.

Ah! To know the Lord and be loved by Him is more than enough! God is good!


Jeremiah 29:13 "You will seek Me and find me when you seek Me with all your heart."



Comments

Popular Posts