I love trees! They're so relaxing to look at. I love the varying colors of leaves and how they dance with the breeze and how some branches look so sturdy and others are so awesomely twisted (not to mention their mind-boggling anatomy).

I think I remember drawing a tree to describe life when I was in grade school -- focusing more on growth. But right now I'm reminded of a more important lesson about trees: what you see on the outside - the sturdiness of the branches, the deep shade of green leaves, the colorful flowers, and succulence of the fruits -- these are results of what's going on deep down under -- where it is planted and what the roots are absorbing.

I could say that as a Christian, back then I was a pitiful little plant struggling to grow, easily swayed by a gush of wind or barely withstanding the scorching summer heat (e.g. trials and afflictions). But as my roots grew wider and deeper into the ground (through the help of the Holy Spirit) - digging more into Word of God, in prayer, in Christian discipline, in fellowship, asking the Lord for more of His grace, mercy and love in my life -- I began to grow sturdier in faith -- (worshipping God in humility) for the fruit of the Spirit that has started to manifest in my life - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23).


Christians, to whom are you deeply rooted? What are your roots absorbing?



Comments

Popular Posts