BLESS THE LORD, O MY SOUL



Tonight as I was singing my all-time favorite worship song to God – How He Loves – I sensed the presence of the Holy Spirit. When I came to the lines: “when all of a sudden I am unaware of my afflictions, eclipsed by glory, and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me” my tears started to fall down. I closed my eyes and I saw the silhouette of the Cross against the reddish sky. I usually couldn’t sing when crying as my voice would start to tremble, but this time I couldn’t stop. My spirit has seen the Cross and it was overwhelming beautiful. I felt God’s grace and I just had to worship. With all that I am, I couldn’t stop worshipping. I don’t know how long I was singing but words just kept rushing out of my lips as my heart was filled with indescribable peace and joy! My soul couldn’t help but bless my Lord!


The Holy Spirit preached the Gospel to my heart –reminding me that indeed I was a sinner deserving of God’s just wrath. But in His great love, God has sent Christ Jesus – the Sacrificial Lamb whose blood had been poured out for our atonement and had taken in God’s wrath upon Himself in our behalf. Guilt has been taken away for in Christ we've been justified. "...that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." How great is God’s love, how great is His grace! Through Him I’ve found salvation! In Him I’ve found new life! Glory, glory to my Lord and King!


Comments

Popular Posts